backsplashes

a thomas o'brian kitchen

I'm currently in 'new backsplash' mode. My current backsplash is only 1 1/2 years old (same as the apartment) but it's stainless steel and it makes for a lot of BLAHness with the stainless appliances PLUS it's hard to keep clean and there were some scratches in it from when it was installed. I've noticed recently that a lot of designers are using mirror for a backsplash. This seems like a good idea to me; it amplifies the light and space, it's easy to clean (windex) and it adds a touch of glamour to the space. an example from HGTV

My favorite interior designer, Miles Redd, even has a mirrored countertop (and bathroom, but thats another story). the mirrored backsplash and counter above and below in Miles' apartment


Miles' famous vintage mirrored bathroom

So what do we think of mirrored backsplashes? I've included a picture of my kitchen (yes, I know it's small, but it's a small apartment in the city!). Yes, No??
my rather lackluster kitchen -mirror, yes?

I know the clutter on top of the cabinets is annoying, but I have nowhere else to put it and tried my best to make it aesthetically pleasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment