So pretty...Healing Barsanti

If anyone ever asked me what my ideal home would look like, I would mention any home by Healing Barsanti. Besides having the coolest name ever, they're the most talented designers (sorry, Miles Redd, I still love your style). The design team of Patricia Healing and Dan Barsanti work out of Connecticut and have a website up but no online portfolio yet ( get on the ball, H.B.!)
I first heard of them through Desire to Inspire which is where these color edged photos come from.

They were involved with the 2007 Kips Bay showhouse and I found a great interview and pictures of that project at House Beautiful's website. They created this Luxe Lounge below and freely admitted that everything in the room was 'expensive'. I hate when high-end designers try to justify and downplay their prices; if it's expensive -admit it! This lively assortment of furniture pops against the natural walls!
The space was to be a cozy refuge for the owner's favorite possessions to spend time in with friends. The colors are beautiful, bright and clear, against a neutral backdrop.
Not as much my taste perhaps but equally lovely, is an old farmhouse in Connectitcut which was featured in House Beautiful Online.my favorite part of the house is probably this cozy reading nook in the family room. 'Cozy' is a word they seem to use a lot to describe their work.Again with the colored furniture against a neutral backdrop. I'm seeing a theme.......The beauty of this is you switch out the accessories or upholstery when you tire of the color.It's very last year, but I still love this birch tree wallpaper. Such a cozy guest room!

Probably my favorite shade of blue (I have this in my own apartment!), this little seating area around the fireplace is the best place to cuddle up with a good book and a drink on a cold night. I hope to see more of this duo in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment