My Napolean complex

No, not what you're thinking, although at 5'-9", I'm not much taller than Napolean was! Rather, I treated myself to this bust of Napoleon that is currently on sale here at restoration hardware.
The surprise was how big he is and a bit out of scale for my bookcase as planned. Thankfully he's not very heavy, hollow terra cotta, and he moved around several times in my apartment last night.
For now he'll live in my entryway - bonus is that he makes an excellent bookend!
On another note, this past weekend I had the pleasure of seeing the celebrated soprano, Renee Fleming in a recital at the Kenney Center. One of her encores was a crowd pleaser and I've attached a clip of it here: O mio babbino caro by Puccini.






If you ever have the opportunity to see Ms. Fleming perform, I would highly recommend it. This was the 7th time in 10 years I've had the priveledge and she never disappoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment