Recent Acquisition

This past weekend, I bought a cabinet on craigslist to replace a console table I had in my entry hall (slash dressing room), seen above. While the old console table was very pretty, it lacked essential storage. While advertised as antique, it's actually a newer piece which was a disappointment (especially as I had driven out to Ashburn!) but the quality is outstanding. It is unmarked though so I can't figure out the maker.Here is my old console table. I kept the mirror which oddly enough, is a near perfect match for the cabinet, which even odder still, is nearly the same exact size as the table! I can't make up my mind whether to use my old wedgwood lamp, which was my grandparents (the beige and brown urn) or to use a simpler white wedgwood lamp which needs a little work (the lamp shade extension needs to be removed as it is out of scale). Which do you prefer? I realize my Napolean bust from restoration hardware is also a bit big, but I like him and don't know where else he could go in my tiny apartment.
I lined the top 2 drawers with a beautiful marbelized paper which I think goes nicely with the marble top as well as 2 plates from my John Derian collection. How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment