What would you call these?

Following yesterday's topic, these eagle telamons (I hesitate to call them caryatids as they're so masculine looking) which grace the Italian embassy in Prague have my attention. Originally the Kolowrat-T​hun Palace, the baroque palace was built in 1726 by G. A. Lurago and B. Scotti. Does anyone know if brackets like these have a specific name?

No comments:

Post a Comment