High and Low

Every Friday I look forward to the newest New York Social Diary designer's house feature. This week the home of architect Gisue Hariri is featured.
I really loved this apartment because it seems so REAL. While I could use with a little more stylistic mix ( maybe a few great antiques, preferably wood to warm up the whiteness ) I love the mix of high and low that is shown -which to me is very true to life. The fact that NYSD features homes 'as is' and not staged really helps warm them up as well.

There is a mixture of high quality vintage furnishings ( the Saarinen table and other classics which you know I love and the Bertoia chair ) and some Ikea finds ( some chairs and wall-clocks ). Of course if there were 1 or 2 18th century antiques thrown in or at least a klismos chair or two I wouldn't complain! Those aged stone floors are just BEAUTIFUL too!

I also love the open feel of the apt. While the views aren't 'million dollar views' they really are great; facing some interesting buildings and providing TONS of natural light. The simple window treatments also help with this open feeling.

The expanses of white are always a great city calming wall treatment and the punches of bright color really enliven the apartment. This is like..the stereotypical architect's apartment done to PERFECTION!

Check the weekly designer at home article online at
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/nysd/nysdhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment