Jayson Home & Garden

I spent the past weekend in Chicago, one of my favorite cities, and enjoyed some beautiful fall weather. One of my stops was to Jayson Home & Garden, a legendary store that I've always wanted to visit.
The building was rather non descript from the outside I felt, but I loved the planter boxes which are apparently a Chicago law to help greenify the city. Is that a word, greenify?
The inside was surprisingly light and airy and set up in such a way as to make you feel the next great treasure was just around the corner. I loved this leather chair with the carpet covered seat and the drum sidetable. The mixture of new and vintage items kept the store feeling a bit like a flea market, but right on point with whats hot right now. I also loved this Chesterfield sofa with beautiful remnant pillow.
Of course, I'm mostly showing the vintage finds, as the other furniture is somewhat expected from a stylish store of the sort and can be seen on their website. I felt these paintings above were especially haunting.
And I bet someone will give this beautiful Victorian aesthetic gilt bamboo stool a good home, I just wish it had been me! I'm sure a lot of people would keep that original cushion as is, but I would cover it with a blue velvet I think.Probably my favorite item was this outdoor aluminum 'bamboo' table and chairs. I think it could just as easily be used indoors; the chairs are surprisingly lightweight and comfortable!
My favorite candles from Cire Trudon were also offered here. They were smart to cover them with glass cloches as the candles are so incredibly strong you don't even need to light them. I haven't lit the one on my coffee table in weeks but my apartment still smells wonderful (Proletaire is my favorite scent)!
Fittingly, this bust of Marie Antoinette watched over the candles.
One could spend hours browsing the store, all of the most interesting coffee table books were enticingly set next to every comfy sofa and coffee table! They really don't want you to leave!
Near the door, you can also buy fresh cut flowers. I normally am not a fan of brick walls in interiors, but it does make for a striking backdrop here.
The lower level (yes, there is more!) had many sale items, but was no less interesting than the main level. Whoever is in charge of their floor arragements is a very clever merchandiser!
If you ever find yourself in Chicago, I really recommend a visit to Jayson Home & Garden as it did not disappoint (This is not a paid advertisement, but if they wanted to send a candle my way I wouldn't turn it down! haha)
UPDATE: thanks for the candle!! Jayson is incredibly sweet!
Jayson is located at 1885 N. Clybourn Ave in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment